Elements of a Bad Dating Tagline
1. Don't sound desperate. “Can you make me love again?” is desperate. And pathetic.
2. So many people use “Can't believe I'm on a dating site”. Get over it, because we're all on one too.
3. If you “Don't know what to say here”, then get off your lazy butt and insert a cool song lyric, line from a poem, or a quote by your favorite author or celebrity.
4. News Flash: No one wants drama. Saying you “don't want drama” makes you sound like you attract drama. Or drama and crisis. Big turn off.
5. “Looking for someone kind and wonderful” or “Perfect” doesn't say a word about you, which is what people are searching for in profiles and dating headlines. All it says is you might be looking for someone–anyone–everyone.
6. “Live, Laugh, Love” or variations are used by at least one female per search page. Stop It! Right Now!!
7. Avoid anything that has negative or twisted connotations. And never mention or allude to anything about sex.
8. Spelling or grammar errors. Spell check is your friend.
Starting to get it? Use a dating profile headline to showcase your unique personality, or to grab someone`s attention. And no, we can`t “make you love again”.
Examples of Bad Dating Profile Taglines
2. “Active gluten free, organic food, traveler, hiker, nature admirer, searching for partner to everthing life has to offer”
3. I have a few trust issues
4. Live, Laugh, Love
5. Likes Pina Coladas and taking walks the Rain
6. Looking for Ms.Right
7. Looking for my night in shinning armor(yes, we left the spelling mistakes intact)
8. I am seeking for true love. Could that be you?
9. Ready to move to the next level with that special woman who is after my heart
10. Looking for somebody wonderful
11. Not sure what to say
12. Does anyone actually read these things?
13. Yes I`ts me…LOL!(grammar left as was written)
14. I can`t believe I`m on a dating site
15. This is rather trite, don`t you think?
16. Can you make me love again?
17. Will fill this in later…
18. Insert funny headline here
19. Looking for Drama Free..No Games!
20. Back Again..